Introduction: A Real Estate Triumph in District 10
In the coveted landscapes of District 10, a remarkable real estate transaction has set a new benchmark for luxury living and investment ingenuity. A four-bedroom haven at The Arcadia, a distinguished condominium along Arcadia Road, has been sold for an impressive $4.28 million. This strategic sale yielded a $2.9 million profit for the seller, a testament to the property’s value appreciation over nearly two decades.
Lentor Mansion condominium is a distinguished residential development, primed to shape the skyline of Lentor Gardens.
The Transaction of the Decade
On October 13th, the gates of The Arcadia welcomed a new homeowner into the fold. A sprawling 3,735 sq ft unit, nestled on the seventh floor, was purchased for a grand total of $4.28 million. This transaction was not merely a change of ownership but a financial windfall for the seller, who had acquired the residence back in October 2004 for $1.38 million. The math is clear: a capital gain of 210% over a 19-year tenure.
The Arcadia: A Storied Sanctuary
An Architectural Marvel Since 1983
The Arcadia is not just any development; it’s a historical beacon completed in 1983. With three 10-storey blocks housing 164 units, this 99-year leasehold development boasts a range of three to five-bedroom units, including simplex penthouses that are a generous 7,503 sq ft in size.
Record-Breaking Resale: A Deep Dive
How Does This Sale Compare?
While this sale is currently the most profitable for The Arcadia in the year, it’s not the first to reap significant returns. A previous sale in February saw a 3,757 sq ft unit fetch $4.3 million, while a 7,503 sq ft penthouse sold in August 2010 for $10 million, the seller pocketing a $4.5 million profit.
The Imperial: A Close Contender
The Second Most Profitable Sale
Not far behind is The Imperial, where a four-bedroom apartment recently sold for $4.5 million, marking a $2.8 million gain for the seller. This sale represents the third most profitable transaction for the development, showcasing the enduring value of properties in District 9.
Reflections at Keppel Bay: A Contrasting Picture
The Other Side of the Coin
In contrast to the soaring profits of The Arcadia and The Imperial, Reflections at Keppel Bay paints a different picture. A three-bedroom unit here sold for $2.65 million, resulting in a $150,000 loss for the seller, emphasizing the unpredictable nature of the real estate market.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What makes The Arcadia a desirable property? The Arcadia is a prime piece of real estate due to its strategic location in District 10, its spacious units, and its historical significance in Singapore’s property landscape.
- How does this sale reflect on the property market? This sale is indicative of a robust property market where strategic long-term investments in prime locations can yield substantial profits.
- What lessons can investors learn from this transaction? Investors can learn the value of patience and the importance of location when investing in real estate for long-term gains.
- Can we expect more record-breaking sales in the future? Given the trajectory of the market and the scarcity of luxury properties, it is likely that we will see more record-setting transactions.
- How do the other profitable sales at The Arcadia compare? Other sales at The Arcadia, while profitable, have not reached the same profit margin as the recent $2.9 million gain.
- What does the loss at Reflections at Keppel Bay signify? The loss at Reflections at Keppel Bay serves as a reminder that not all property investments will result in profits and that market dynamics can greatly influence outcomes.
Conclusion: The Art of Mastering the Property Market
The real estate saga of The Arcadia’s four-bedroom unit is a narrative of strategic investment and the fruits of patience. It stands as a shining example of the potential for significant profit in Singapore’s real estate market, provided one makes informed and timely decisions. This story is not just about the numbers; it’s about the journey of a property that matured into a golden nest egg for its visionary owner.